Diamond stud earrings are one of the most versatile pair of earrings ever and are insanely popular. They are as perfect to wear with a casual outfit while picking groceries, as they are when paired with a lovely dress at a wedding. Diamond stud earrings are a must-have in every woman’s jewellery box.
These studs are an everyday classic that can make you look extremely put together all the time. A lot of women don’t take off their diamond stud earrings ever. Hence, when shopping for diamond stud earrings, one should make sure they pick the perfect pair for themselves. To help you through here is all that you need to know about diamond stud earrings.
- Set a budget: Diamond stud earrings are a once-in-a-lifetime purchase. They are something that will last a lifetime and can be worn every day. They also make a great gift to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s day, or a promotion. So whether you are looking to buy diamond stud earrings for yourself, or are gifting them to someone, setting a budget will help. There are so many different diamond stud earring designs available out there at different price points. Setting a budget will help in finding the best pair of earrings that suits your budget without making room for any unnecessary confusion.
- Pick a shape: The next important aspect is the size of the diamond. One-carat total weight diamond stud earrings, which would have a half-carat diamond set in each earring, is the most popular size in diamond stud earrings. A one-carat diamond is about 6.4 mm in diameter while a one-half carat diamond is 5 mm in diameter. However, it is important to note that when it comes to diamond stud earrings, bigger is not always better. This is because larger diamond studs tend to protrude out for the ear. One should hence look for a nice setting profile when choosing diamond stud earrings. A one-half carat total weight or one-quarter carat total weight are increasingly getting popular as they can also be layered beautifully with other diamond studs, earrings, and cuffs.
- Pick the shape: Next up is the shape or the cut of the diamond. Round and princess cuts are the most popular diamond shapes for stud earrings. However, you can choose studs in any shape you like. It is a great idea to pick a shape that you like both straight up and sideways, as stud earrings tend to rotate.
- Quality to look for: While a lot of people believe that when it comes to earrings you can get away with a slightly yellow diamond. However, diamond stud earrings are a classic piece of jewelry that will last you a lifetime and owing to their versatility, may even be passed down the generations as an heirloom. Hence, it would be a better idea to go for a good quality diamond for this very valuable piece of jewelry.
- The setting of the diamond: It is the details in the simple diamond stud earrings that make one piece all the more different from another. You can choose stud earrings with three prongs to eight and everything in between. For a more modern and sleek look, go for diamond stud earrings with bezels in all metals. Go for a metal that you match with your other pieces of jewelry as well.
If you’re are looking to get jewellery gifts for someone, diamond stud earrings are a great option if they do not have one. You can also check solitaire jewellery in the form of rings and pendants to make it even more special.