Measuring and fitting panel blinds is a relatively easy process that can be done by anyone. The following steps will guide you on how to measure and fit panel blinds:
- Measure the width of the window where you want to install the panel blinds. For an inside mount, measure the width between the two sides of the window frame at the top, middle, and bottom. Use the narrowest measurement.
- Measure the length of the window where you want to install the panel blinds. For an inside mount, measure the length from the top of the window frame to the sill. For an outside mount, measure the length from where you want to install the panel blinds to the floor.
- Install the brackets for the panel blinds at the top of the window frame or wall, depending on whether you’re using an inside or outside mount. Make sure they are level and secure.
- Attach the panel track to the brackets.
- Attach the panels to the panel track using the hooks provided.
- Slide the panels back and forth to make sure they move smoothly.
- Adjust the panels if necessary to ensure they hang straight and level.
Tips for Choosing the Right Panel Blinds
Panel blinds are an excellent way to add privacy and style to your home or office. With so many options available, it can be challenging to choose the right panel blinds for your needs. Here are some tips to help you select the perfect panel blinds:
- Material: Panel blinds are available in various materials, including fabric, bamboo, and vinyl. Choose a material that suits your needs and complements your decor.
- Size: Consider the size of your windows and the space available for the panel blinds. Measure accurately to ensure that the blinds fit well.
- Functionality: Panel blinds can be operated manually or with a remote control. Decide on the level of automation you need and choose the appropriate panel blinds.
- Color and Design: Panel blinds come in various colors and designs. Choose a color that complements your decor and a design that adds a touch of style to your space.
- Light Control: Consider the amount of light you want to filter through the panel blinds. Choose a fabric or material that offers the right level of light control.
- Installation: Choose panel blinds that are easy to install and maintain. Consider the installation method and any additional hardware required.
Easy Maintenance Tips for Your Panel Blinds
- Regularly clean the fabric panels with a soft brush or a vacuum cleaner attachment to remove dust and debris.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the fabric panels as they can damage the material. Instead, use a mild detergent and warm water to clean any stains.
- Check the tracks and rollers regularly for any dirt or debris and clean them with a soft cloth. Lubricate the tracks with silicone spray or a similar lubricant to ensure smooth operation.
- Avoid pulling the panels too hard or forcing them to move if they get stuck. Instead, gently adjust the panels to prevent damage to the mechanism.
- If any panels become damaged, replace them promptly to ensure that the blinds continue to function properly.