Fitness trackers are your technology allies that convey a lot of things related to your health. Clocking steps and revealing calories burned are great features the fitness device measures. These metrics are useful to keep you in shape but there are many other features these wearable friends can measure. A few brands can measure unusual things like sun exposure and fertility along with other useful metrics.
Fitness trackers can fall under two main categories namely fitness or activity trackers and Smartwatches. Huawei band 4 smart watch graphite black helps to get active and stay motivated. You can choose exercises conveniently from the pre-designed nine modes and monitor your workout, accordingly.
There are many other innovative sports-specific wearables that help them enhance their playing experience. For example, you can know sprint distance, speed, power, intensity, and load wearing a GPS tracker vest. A Bluetooth bracelet incorporated with smart socks allows you to analyse your cadence, foot landing, running pace, distance, speed, calories burnt, and more.
Fitness tracker features
- Steps taken – Monitor your progress to attain a minimum of 10,000 steps daily to stay healthy. You can even set your personal daily step goals for a weight loss purpose.
- Distance travelled – It is sensible to gain an insight into the total distance travelled.
- Floors climbed – Altimeter helps to measure the number of stairs you climbed up and down.
- Calories burned – Gaining an insight into the number of calories burnt while doing exercises is useful.
- Active minutes – Some devices monitor stationary time and hourly activities. They even include reminders of moving, when you are sitting for a long time.
- Specific workouts – Some fitness trackers can recognize the activity type you are engaged in. For example, running, walking, or biking.
- Sleep time & sleep quality – Sensors monitor your sleep behaviour movements. Sleep tracking is called actigraphy. It offers some awareness about your sleeping habits.
- Heart rate – For athletes keeping eyes on their heart rate during resting and mid-work-out is crucial.
- Workout pace and routes – In-built GPS, allows you to map your jogs, walks, and runs. It is helpful to runners training for a marathon.
Smartwatches alert you about incoming calls, texts, emails, and even upcoming events. It doesn’t mean they are unable to monitor your activity metrics.
- Accelerometer for steps tracking and counting burned calories.
- A specialized sensor detects distance travelled.
- On the Huawei watch, you can monitor heart rate.
- GPS location.
It seems a smartwatch can pull double duty competently eliminating the requirement for buying a separate fitness tracker.
- Velocity-based training [VBT] allows measuring body or bar speed for improving training quality. You even gain awareness of the athlete’s readiness and fatigue.
- A tiny device worn below the collarbone tracks the upper body, core, and other posture nuances. As soon as your body slouches, the device vibrates gently.
- Swim tracker attached to your swimming goggles allows minimizing arm drag. You gain real-time audio feedback with this wearable device while swimming.
There are myriads of wearable trackers designed to help in enhancing performances and health. You need to do some research and find a gadget for monitoring specific health-related problems.